Goal: To support the work of the African Great Lakes Initiative (AGLI), specifically of the Healing and Rebuilding Our Communities Program (HROC) and the Friends Women’s Association (FWA) in Burundi, in a sustainable way that preserves the autonomy of those organizations decision-making.
1. To develop the capacities of HROC and FWA to secure funding, through foundation support and donor contributions through AGLI.
2. Pursuant to (1), assist in the researching, writing, and implementing of grants while teaching the skills involved to local staff.
3. To share best practices with respect to fundraising, program management, and capacity building.
- To raise at least $50,000 in funds from foundations.
- To increase our support from individuals, as well as the participation of people in our workcamps.
- [More details to be updated upon completion of our discussion about the budget and fundraising for the coming fiscal year]
Friends Women’s Association
To raise sufficient funds to complete the clinic to a fully government-certified health clinic capable of treating patients with HIV/AIDS, including additional rooms, nursing and psychological counseling staff, and sufficient medicine. [cost estimate to be updated upon completion of our discussion about the budget and fundraising for the coming fiscal year]
1. Increase my understanding, and share with others outside Burundi, of this country, the Great Lakes region, post-conflict peacebuilding, trauma healing, and reconciliation.
2. To expand my organizational experience to include work outside the policy arena, to learn to negotiate the challenges of international fundraising, and to appreciate the uniqueness of working in Burundi.